ICI Celebrates 75 Years of Service to the Fund Industry
This year marks the 75th anniversary of the passage of the Investment Company Act and the Investment Advisers Act, as well as the founding of ICI (through its predecessor, the National Committee of Investment Companies).
No one in 1940—not the Roosevelt administration, the Congress, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the industry, nor the investing public—could have predicted the remarkable success that this new legislative framework would enjoy in the years to come, or the spectacular growth of fund investing in the United States. But these events began the modern fund industry’s shared commitment to an investor-centered regulatory framework and to sound fiduciary practices that today benefit more than 90 million investors.
This video celebrates the crucial role of the ’40 Acts and of the Institute in the growth of funds and the success of our shareholders.
- ICI’s Mission and History
- "Looking Back, Looking Forward: 75 Years of Leadership," speech from ICI President and CEO Paul Schott Stevens
- "Putting Our Principle into Practice," remarks from ICI General Counsel David W. Blass
- "ICI at 75: Facing the Future," welcome speech from 2015 GMM Chair George C.W. Gatch
- "The Modern Fund Industry at 75," speech from ICI General Counsel David W. Blass