- As Money Market Fund Investors Adjust, Funds Have Managed Flows
Vast amounts of assets have left prime money market funds for government money market funds, but the massive shift has proceeded smoothly.
- ICI President and CEO Testifies on Financial Stability Board’s Role
Paul Schott Stevens testified before a House Financial Services subcommittee on implications for US growth and competitiveness.
- Retirement Assets Total $24.5 Trillion in Second Quarter 2016
Retirement assets accounted for 34 percent of all household financial assets in the United States at the end of the second quarter of 2016.
- “White Hat” Hacker Kevin Mitnick to Open ICI Cybersecurity Forum
The sought-after security consultant will share insights into cyber criminals’ methods by executing a live hack at the November 10 event.
- ICI Comments on DOL Proposal for IRAs Established by Municipalities
ICI expresses serious concerns about policies underlying the Department’s safe harbor for state-mandated payroll-deduction IRA arrangements.
- ICI Welcomes SEC Proposal for T+2 Settlement Implementation
The proposed rules represent a critical milestone that will keep the T+2 initiative moving toward implementation next year.
- SEC Order Handling Information Proposal Will Enhance Disclosure
The proposal will improve the information on order execution available to fund managers, with benefits for funds and their shareholders.
- ICI Credits FSB’s Focus on Asset Management Activities
In a new comment letter, ICI praises the important evolution in the Financial Stability Board’s approach, but calls for more rigor and transparency.