- Retirement Assets Total $24.9 Trillion in First Quarter 2015
Total retirement assets rose 1.3 percent in the first quarter of 2015 and now account for 36 percent of all household financial assets in the United States.
- Industry Announces Proposed T+2 Settlement Cycle Timeline
The proposed timeline is a critical step in shortening the settlement cycle and harmonizing the Unites States with other major global markets.
- Outflows from Long-Term Mutual Funds Total $3.91 Billion
Bond funds drove outflows from long-term mutual funds for the week ended Wednesday, June 17, with estimated outflows of $4.09 billion.
- Navigating Global Opportunities and Developments
Global financial leaders at ICI’s GMM discuss the opportunities for—and benefits of—developing robust capital markets around the world, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
- ICI Chief Economist Brian Reid Testifies on Proposed Fiduciary Rule
ICI supports the principle at the heart of the Department of Labor’s proposal. Unfortunately, it falls short of creating a balanced, workable rule.
- ICI Welcomes Focus on Products and Activities in Asset Management
ICI commends the IOSCO Board for concluding that international regulatory efforts to address systemic risk should focus on activities and products in the asset management sector.
- How Could SIFI Designation Undermine Fund Governance?
The Fed’s proposal for enhanced prudential standards for GE Capital offers insight on possible implications of SIFI designation of asset managers.
- Are You Ready for the Unexpected?
Cybersecurity threats are constantly evolving. Don’t get left behind—register for ICI Global’s Cybersecurity Forum in London on July 14 to learn from top experts about the latest defense measures.