- New York Times Falsely Portrays Funds’ Emerging Market Investments
A recent story blindly repeats myths and falsehoods about mutual funds, the behavior of investors, and investments in emerging markets.
- ICI Reports Estimated Long-Term Mutual Fund Flows
Estimated outflows from long-term mutual funds were $3.20 billion for the week ended August 19, based on reported data covering 98 percent of industry assets.
- Fundamental Flaws Mar Regulatory Impact Analysis
ICI Economist Sean Collins testifies that the DOL has based its proposal on a deeply flawed regulatory impact analysis of the retirement market.
- ICI Reports Money Market Fund Assets
Total money market fund assets increased by $11.01 billion to $2.69 trillion for the week ended Wednesday, August 19.
- 401(k) Plan Participants Paid Less in Mutual Funds Fees in 2014
The decrease continues a long trend: since 2000, the average cost paid by 401(k) participants for equity mutual funds has fallen by 30 percent.
- Protect Yourself from Being Deemed a “Lost” Mutual Fund Shareholder
More than $40 billion in “lost” accounts has been claimed by states. Learn how to protect yourself and your mutual fund accounts.
- ICI Supports SEC Rule Proposal to Modernize Fund Reporting
More frequent and substantive reporting on portfolio holdings by investment companies will enhance oversight of the industry.
- Study of Recordkeeper Data Shows Commitment to Saving
Participants continued to save in their workplace defined contribution plans during the first quarter of 2015, according to ICI research.