- ICI Reports Worldwide Regulated Open-End Fund Assets and Flows
Worldwide regulated open-end fund assets decreased 1.2 percent to $40.36 trillion at the end of the fourth quarter of 2016, excluding funds of funds.
- Retirement Assets Total $25.3 Trillion in Fourth Quarter
Total US retirement assets were $25.3 trillion as of December 31, 2016, up 1.4 percent from the end of September and up 6.1 percent for the year.
- ICI Reports Estimated Long-Term Fund Flows and ETF Net Issuance
Total estimated inflows to long-term mutual funds and exchange-traded funds were $13.83 billion for the week ended March 15.
- ICI Reports February Money Market Fund Holdings
At the end of February, prime money market funds held 24.2 percent of their portfolios in daily liquid assets and 43.7 percent in weekly liquid assets.
- ICI Urges Longer Delay to Reassess DOL Fiduciary Rule
The Department of Labor should delay the fiduciary rule’s applicability date to prevent harm to retirement savers and market disruptions.
- Changing Technology Brings New Cybersecurity Demands
In this Focus on Funds video, cybersecurity expert John Pescatore, director of the SANS Institute, details the latest information security trends.
- ICI Research: 55 Million US Households Own Mutual Funds
Household surveys show that the vast majority of mutual fund–owning households agree that funds can help them reach their financial goals.
- Retirement Plan Participants Remain Committed to Saving
Only 2.4 percent of defined contribution plan participants stopped contributing to their plans in the first three quarters of 2016.