- First Take on SEC’s Proposed Liquidity Management Rules
This week’s Focus on Funds video offers an initial analysis of new rules proposed by the SEC for mutual fund and ETF liquidity management.
- Worldwide Regulated Fund Assets Reach $38.27 Trillion
Regulated open-end fund assets increased 2.2 percent in the second quarter, according to ICI data collected from 46 countries around the world.
- Rising Rates and Bond Mutual Fund Investors
How will bond fund investors react when the Federal Reserve raises the short-term interest rate? ICI Chief Economist Brian Reid explains.
- ICI Releases August Trends in Mutual Fund Investing Report
Mutual fund assets decreased by 4.0 percent to $15.63 trillion. The report also includes net new cash flow and the number of mutual funds.
- Putting Our Principles into Practice
General Counsel David Blass examines how investor interests guide ICI’s four top priorities: retirement policy, financial stability, global fund regulation, and cybersecurity.
- President and CEO Paul Schott Stevens Testifies on Fiduciary Proposal
The DOL’s rule would limit access to the guidance, products, and services retirement savers need to meet their retirement goals.
- Small Savers at a Loss
The DOL’s proposed rule would cut millions of IRA investors off from the brokers and other commission-based advisers they depend on for retirement investment information.
- The Wall Street Journal’s Dangerous Disservice to Investors
For 75 years, mutual funds have successfully managed liquidity and delivered on investment objectives through good markets and bad.