2014 Global Retirement Savings Conference
Common Principles for a Diverse World
Building on the success of the 2013 Global Retirement Savings Conference, ICI Global put together another premier event, held 17–18 June 2014 in Geneva, Switzerland, that brought together leading global figures to discuss the retirement savings challenges facing countries worldwide—as well as the role that investment funds can play in addressing these challenges.
This year’s conference, based on a theme of “Common Principles for a Diverse World,” featured a robust lineup of panels and speakers, including the following keynote speakers:
- Pablo Antolin-Nicolas, Principal Economist, Head of the Private Pension Unit, Financial Affairs Division, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Tim Jones, CEO, NEST Corporation
- Solange Berstein, Former Head of the Pension Supervisory Authority, Chile
The event began with a dinner programme on 17 June, which was followed by a full day of panels on 18 June, covering such topics as:
- The role of regulators and governments in helping populations build retirement resources
- Global differences in investor attitudes towards saving and investing and the strategic challenges in delivering financial advice and education
- Use of default investments in different countries
- Routes to delivering sustainable retirement outcomes—different concepts for differing risk appetites
If you want to know more about the conference, please see our report, Insights from the 2014 Global Retirement Savings Conference.
To learn about other pension events, please visit our Global Retirement Savings Conferences page.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS