ICI Webinar on Survey Results About Americans’ Retirement Savings Through Three Years of Economic Stress
The Investment Company Institute (ICI) hosted a webinar and conference call on January 27, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. EST in Washington, DC to present to present and discuss Commitment to Retirement Security: Investor Attitudes and Actions.
- Paul Schott Stevens, ICI President and CEO
- Sarah Holden, ICI Senior Director of Retirement and Investor Research
- A survey of U.S. households in November and December 2010, asking about their views on the 401(k) system
- Data from defined contribution (DC) plan recordkeepers, focusing on activities in nearly 24 million DC accounts from January–September 2010
- The combination of survey data makes it possible to simultaneously look at households’ opinions about 401(k) plans and retirement saving and the actions that DC plan investors actually took.