- Statement on Congressional Approval of Budget Deal
ICI comments on the final approval by the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives of the bipartisan two-year budget agreement.
- America’s Retirement System Is Strong
The latest ICI Viewpoints blog, drawing on research from a wide range of sources, determines that the U.S. retirement system is strong.
- U.S. Retirement Market Assets Reach Record High
Total U.S. retirement assets were $21.7 trillion as of September 30, 2013, up 3.9 percent from $20.9 trillion on June 30, 2013.
- ICI Reports Money Market Fund Assets
Money market mutual fund assets decreased by $34.37 billion to $2.675 trillion for the week ending Wednesday, December 18.
- New Research Shows U.S. Workers Rely on 401(k)s for Financial Security
The paper, “Our Strong Retirement System: An American Success Story,” illustrates the important role employer-sponsored retirement plans play in the U.S. retirement system.
- ICI’s Brian Reid Weighs In on Office of Financial Research Report
Chief Economist Brian Reid discusses the OFR’s study on the asset management industry on Nightly Business Report.
- ICI Study of Recordkeeper Data Shows Commitment to Saving
Americans’ commitment to saving for retirement remains strong in the first half of 2013, according to ICI’s latest study, based on DC plan recordkeeper data covering about 24 million DC plan participant accounts.