- Total Money Market Fund Assets Increase by $5.93 Billion
Total assets increased to $2.63 trillion for the week ending November 5. The statistical collection also breaks out data for specific funds.
- ICI President Named Chairman of International Funds Association
Upon being appointed chair of the IIFA, ICI CEO Paul Schott Stevens outlined an agenda that will include a stronger voice for investment funds in the global regulatory dialogue.
- Register for the Securities Law Developments Conference
Featuring keynote speakers Norm Champ and Andrew J. Bowden, this event will focus on regulatory issues affecting the fund industry.
- Viewpoints Blog Examines the Factors Driving Retirement Plan Access
New research shows that seven in 10 workers most likely to be saving for retirement work for an employer that sponsors a retirement plan.
- Focus on Funds: Meet ICI’s New General Counsel
David Blass, ICI general counsel, discusses his background at the SEC and private practice, and examines ICI's upcoming regulatory agenda.
- ICI and IDC Comment on New PCAOB Staff Paper
In a joint comment letter, ICI and IDC express concerns that new PCAOB considerations could increase audit costs.
- Research Examines Prevalence of Private-Sector Retirement Income
Since the enactment of ERISA in 1974, private-sector retirement income has become increasingly important for retirees in all income groups.
- Viewpoints Responds to IMF Global Financial Stability Report
ICI’s blog addresses the misinformation and broad generalizations regarding mutual funds in the newly released report.