- Industry Research
- Investor Research
- Fact Book
- Mutual Fund Ownership
- Closed-End Fund Ownership
- Mutual Fund Shareholders' Use of Information
- Mutual Fund Shareholders' Use of Financial Advisers
- Equity Ownership In America
- U.S. Households' Views on Retirement Saving
- IRA Investors
- The IRA Investor Database™
- Defined Contribution Plan Investors
- EBRI & ICI 401(k) Database
- Households Saving for College
- Industry and Investor Statistics by State
- Retirement Research
Closed-End Fund Data
Third Quarter, 2013
Washington, DC, November 19, 2013 - The combined assets of the nation’s closed-end funds were $277.08 billion at the end of September 2013, ICI reported today in a quarterly statistical collection of closed-end funds.
Total closed-end fund assets increased $482 million during the third quarter. Equity fund assets increased by $1.96 billion to $110.40 billion, and bond fund assets decreased by $1.48 billion to $166.68 billion.
ICI’s data collection also includes the value of new proceeds invested in closed-end funds and the total number of funds. For the quarter, there was $861 million in proceeds to closed-end funds, compared with $6.22 billion in the second quarter of 2013. There were 604 closed-end funds at the end of the third quarter. Bond funds numbered 390, and equity funds totaled 214. There were 602 closed-end funds at year-end 2012.
Assets of Closed-End Funds by Type, End of period
Millions of dollars
|3Q 2013||2Q 2013||2012||2011|