- Statement on Final Volcker Rule
ICI President and CEO Paul Schott Stevens responds to the final Volcker Rule, expressing appreciation for the agencies’ efforts and reiterating concerns about the Rule’s ultimate impact on capital markets.
- Avoiding a Common 401(k) Tax Trap
The latest ICI Viewpoints blog addresses a basic misunderstanding about how tax incentives for 401(k)s and similar retirement plans work.
- ICI Reports Money Market Fund Assets
Money market mutual fund assets increased by $7.45 billion to $2.710 trillion for the week ended Wednesday, December 11.
- New Research Shows U.S. Workers Rely on 401(k)s for Financial Security
The paper, “Our Strong Retirement System: An American Success Story,” illustrates the important role employer-sponsored retirement plans play in the U.S. retirement system.
- ICI’s Brian Reid Weighs In on Office of Financial Research Report
Chief Economist Brian Reid discusses the OFR’s study on the asset management industry on Nightly Business Report.
- ICI Study of Recordkeeper Data Shows Commitment to Saving
Americans’ commitment to saving for retirement remains strong in the first half of 2013, according to ICI’s latest study, based on DC plan recordkeeper data covering about 24 million DC plan participant accounts.