- Research Underscores the Role of Employers in 401(k) Plans
This week’s edition of Focus on Funds examines employees’ investment choices within 401(k) plans and the trend toward lower fund costs.
- ICI Releases Monthly Trends in Mutual Fund Investing Report
The combined assets of the nation’s mutual funds decreased by $117.61 billion, or 0.7 percent, to $15.73 trillion in January.
- Exchange-Traded Fund Assets Totaled $1.955 Trillion in January
Assets in ETFs fell in January by $19.65 billion, or 1.0 percent. Over the past 12 months, ETF assets increased $339.94 billion, or 21.1 percent.
- ICI Responds to President Obama’s Remarks on
Re-Proposed Fiduciary Standard Rule
ICI urges the Administration to work constructively toward a rule that preserves and improves the services that employers and savers rely upon today.
- The Best Days Lie Ahead for Regulated Funds
In a recent FundsEurope article, ICI president and chairman of IIFA, Paul Schott Stevens, discusses the future of regulated funds.
- Getting the Numbers Right on Investment Advice for Retirement Savers
ICI Viewpoints elaborates on concerns, outlined in the Wall Street Journal, about data in a White House memorandum on the fiduciary standard rule.
- ICI Offers Simple Answers to the Federal Reserve’s Quandaries
In its annual report, the Federal Reserve again speculates that mutual funds somehow pose a threat to the financial system.
- Why Long-Term Fund Flows Aren’t a Risk To Financial Stability
Outflows from long-term funds have historically been muted during even the worst financial crises. Review the evidence in this ICI Viewpoints series.