- ICI Reports Estimated Long-Term Mutual Fund Flows
Total estimated inflows to long-term mutual funds were $670 million for the week ended May 13, based on reporting covering 98 percent of industry assets.
- SEC Chair White Affirms Agency Has Tools to Address Risks in Industry
In a session at ICI’s General Membership Meeting, White stressed the importance of the SEC’s voice being heard on systemic risk issues.
- ICI Releases Unit Investment Trust Statistics for April
Unit investment trusts, investment companies that hold fixed portfolios of selected stocks or bonds, had total deposits of $6.35 billion in April.
- Retirement Plan Participants Tend to Stay the Course
ICI’s latest study of retirement plan savers’ actions shows Americans’ continuing commitment to saving for retirement.
- Indra Nooyi Shares Her Lessons for Leading a “Company with Soul”
Addressing the 57th GMM, the Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo explains why—and how—she leads with the goal of “Performance with Purpose.”
- Schwab President and CEO Walt Bettinger: “It Always Comes Down to Trust”
Speaking at GMM’s opening session, Bettinger stressed that an ongoing commitment to serving investors is the core of the mutual fund industry.
- George Gatch Welcomes Attendees to the 57th Annual General Membership Meeting
In his welcoming remarks, Gatch urges the industry to remember the fiduciary duty that is a crucial element in the firm foundation provided by the ’40 Acts.
- The Critical Role of Capital Markets in the Post-Crisis World
ICI President and CEO Paul Schott Stevens explains the three advantages of strong capital markets and how policymakers can encourage investment.