- Industry Research
- Investor Research
- Fact Book
- Mutual Fund Ownership
- Closed-End Fund Ownership
- Mutual Fund Shareholders' Use of Information
- Mutual Fund Shareholders' Use of Financial Advisers
- Equity Ownership In America
- U.S. Households' Views on Retirement Saving
- IRA Investors
- The IRA Investor Database™
- Defined Contribution Plan Investors
- EBRI & ICI 401(k) Database
- Households Saving for College
- Industry and Investor Statistics by State
- Retirement Research
Quarterly Closed-End Fund Assets
Second Quarter 2012
Washington, DC, August 16, 2012—The combined assets of the nation’s closed-end funds were $249.60 billion at the end of June 2012, ICI reported today in a quarterly statistical collection of closed-end funds.
Total closed-end fund assets increased $1.61 billion during the second quarter. Equity fund assets decreased by $1.50 billion to $96.21 billion, and bond fund assets increased by $3.11 billion to $153.39 billion.
ICI’s data collection also includes the value of new proceeds invested in closed-end funds and the total number of funds. For the quarter, there was $3.31 billion in proceeds to closed-end funds, compared with $1.89 billion in the first quarter. There were 630 closed-end funds at the end of the second quarter. Bond funds numbered 420, and equity funds totaled 210. There were 632 closed-end funds at year-end 2011.
Assets of Closed-End Funds by Type, End of period
Millions of dollars
|2Q 2012||1Q 2012||2011||2010|