- IMF Quietly Changes Its Data, but Not Its Views
The IMF revised its estimate of emerging market bonds held by bond funds to be closer to reality; now it needs to adjust its opinions, too.
- ICI Reports Weekly Estimated Long-Term Mutual Fund Flow Data
Total estimated outflows from long-term mutual funds1 were $2.92 billion for the week ended Wednesday, April 15, according to ICI’s survey, which covers of 98 percent of industry assets.
- ICI Releases Unit Investment Trust Data for March
Unit investment trusts, investment companies that hold fixed portfolios of selected stocks or bonds, had total deposits of $5.29 billion in March.
- ICI Responds to the FSB’s Latest Consultation on Asset Managers and Systemic Risk
The FSB appears to have discounted key aspects of the extensive record placed before it in response to its first consultation.
- How Will the Rise of Millennials Change Investment Advice?
Join us at the 2015 ICI General Membership Meeting and learn what the future holds for Millennials and investment advice.
- The Critical Role of Capital Markets in the Post-Crisis World
ICI President and CEO Paul Schott Stevens explains the three advantages of strong capital markets and how policymakers can encourage investment.
- On Fiduciary Rule, New York Times Relies on Fatally Flawed Research
The ICI Viewpoints blog looks at why the assumptions that underlie claims of excess costs paid by IRA investors do not stand up to the facts.
- Designation’s Vast Reach into Investor Portfolios
What would prudential oversight mean for fund investors if asset managers are designated as systemically important financial institutions?