Conference Call on Director Oversight of Closed-End Funds
June 15, 2011
The Independent Directors Council will host a conference call for fund directors to discuss issues relating to closed-end funds.
- Free for directors and members
- $50 for nonmembers (closed to the press)
CONFERENCE CALL HIGHLIGHTS:
The conference call will address:
- Current developments relating to auction rate preferred stock;
- Oversight of fund discount control mechanisms; and
- Board consideration of shareholder proposals.
- Dorothy Donohue, Senior Associate Counsel, Investment Company Institute
- Robert P. Bremner, Independent Director, Nuveen Funds
- Cecilia Gondor, Executive Vice President, Thomas J. Herzfeld Advisors, Inc.
- Monica L. Parry, Of Counsel, Morgan Lewis
Participants with questions for the panelists may email tthem prior to the conference call. In addition, participants will be able to submit questions electronically to the panel during the call. Program and speakers are subject to change without notice.