|REGISTER PROGRAM GENERAL INFO HOTEL|
Investment Company Institute and Independent Directors Council
Special One-Day Conference
Jones v Harris: Impact and Implications
April 14, 2010
The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
ICI and IDC will host a one-day conference focused on the Supreme Court’s significant decision in Jones v. Harris. The conference is designed for fund directors, management personnel, lawyers, and other industry participants who are evaluating the implications of this important case for their funds and boards.
Seating will be limited, so plan to register early if you want to participate!
- Registration is now open to nonmembers.
- Luncheon address by Professor John C. Coffee of Columbia Law School, an expert in securities litigation.
- Interactive discussions about:
- The Court’s opinion—Panelists will include John D. Donovan, who argued the case before the Supreme Court on behalf of Harris Associates, and others involved in the case.
- Implications for the 15(c) process—Panelists will include fund directors, management lawyers, and board counsel.
- The litigation horizon for Section 36(b) and other types of cases--Panelists will include seasoned securities litigators.
Registration for this program is closed to members of the media.