Webinar on Board Oversight of ETFs
Over the past decade, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) have grown markedly, and sponsors have offered more ETFs with a greater variety of investment objectives. This webinar, hosted by the Independent Directors Council on December 11, 2012, provided an overview of ETFs and the ETF director’s oversight responsibilities, focusing on practical considerations relating to board oversight.
The webinar covered the following topics:
- Market trends in ETFs
- Structure and operation of an ETF
- Board considerations in overseeing ETFs
For additional background, see IDC’s paper, Board Oversight of Exchange-Traded Funds.
- Lance Dial, Vice President and Counsel, State Street Global Advisors
- Frank Nesvet, Independent Chair, SPDR Funds
- David Sturms, Shareholder, Vedder Price, P.C.
This webinar was closed to the media.