Trading 101: ICI Webinar on the Basic Elements of Securities Trading and Market Structure for Funds
On Monday, November 16, 2009, ICI hosted a webinar on the basic elements of securities trading and market structure for funds.
- PowerPoint Presentation (pdf)
- Market Structure Outline (pdf)
- Market Structure Glossary (pdf)
- Speaker Bios (pdf)
- Recording (Register to view).
The topics discussed included:
- significant regulatory developments and trends in trading and market structure
- examination of the execution of a trade from start to finish
- review of the basic terminology and concepts used in securities trading
- the types of venues funds use to trade securities, how funds determine which venues to use, and strategies funds use to keep their trades anonymous
- Robert L. D. Colby, Counsel, Davis, Polk & Wardwell
- Kevin Cronin, Managing Director and Global Head of Equity Trading, Invesco
- Ari Burstein, Senior Counsel, Investment Company Institute (Moderator)