2015 ICI Capital Markets Conference
The 2015 Capital Markets Conference, held on February 10 in New York, focused on regulatory developments, compliance issues, and market structure changes affecting funds and other investors in the equity, fixed-income, and derivatives markets.
Attendees received up-to-the-minute information on the latest regulatory developments and structural changes in the capital markets. Speakers included SEC, CFTC, and FINRA officials, as well as staff from mutual funds, securities exchanges, broker-dealers, and other important market participants.
Panel topics included:
- Keynote address by J. Christopher Giancarlo, Commissioner, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- SEC and FINRA Update: a conversation with Steve Luparello, Director, Division of Trading and Markets, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and Bob Colby, Chief Legal Officer, FINRA
- Luncheon address by Lynnette Kelly, Executive Director, MSRB
- An examination of the changing role of the buyside/sellside relationship
- The debate over the influence of economics in order routing and order execution, including liquidity rebates, access fees, and a trade-at requirement
- Changes to the structure of the fixed-income markets and the potential impact on liquidity
- Derivatives trading, developments in swap execution facilities, and the impact of the lack of coordination among international regulators
- Global market structure developments and the potential impact on U.S. markets, including the debate over dealing commissions and MiFID reform