Closed-End Fund Conference
November 17, 2010
New York, NY
Attendees of ICI's 2010 Closed-End Fund Conference, which took place in New York City on November 17, received the latest information on issues affecting closed-end funds and heard the perspective of fund sponsors, fund shareholders, accountants, attorneys, and regulators.
Panel Topics Included
- Corporate Governance
- SEC Regulatory, Examination, and Enforcement Priorities
- Accounting Principles and Valuation of Portfolio Securities
- Diversification and Disclosure of Leverage
- Perspectives of Institutional Closed-End Fund Shareholders
- Paul S. Atkins, Chief Executive Officer, Patomak Partners, presented the keynote address.
- Donald C. Auerbach, Chief Government Affairs Officer, Investment Company Institute, presented the luncheon address commenting on the implications of the recent elections on the fund industry.
- Senior SEC staff will discussed recent regulatory issues affecting closed-end funds and recent approaches to examinations of closed-end funds.