Webinar on New ERISA Participant Disclosure Regulations: Implications for Mutual Funds
On December 1, 2010, ICI hosted a webinar on the new Department of Labor participant disclosure regulations, with a focus on the challenges for mutual funds used as investments in 401(k) and other defined contribution plans. The webinar was designed for operations and compliance professionals and lawyers, including those at mutual fund firms that are largely or exclusively "investment-only" in 401(k) plans.
The webinar focused on:
- An explanation of the new rules and how they fit with existing SEC disclosures and DOL’s other disclosure projects;
- Implementation challenges to meet the November 2011 deadline; and
- How the new rules affect mutual funds on plan menus and what steps investment-only fund companies should take to ensure retirement plans have the information they need to comply with the rules.
- Jamey Delaplane, Partner, Davis and Harman LLP
- Michael Hadley, Associate Counsel–Pension Regulation, ICI
- Lisa Hund Lattan, VP and Associate General Counsel, American Century Investments
- Stephanie Napier, Associate Counsel–ERISA and Fiduciary Services, Vanguar