- Avoiding a Common 401(k) Tax Trap
The latest ICI Viewpoints blog addresses a basic misunderstanding about how tax incentives for 401(k)s and similar retirement plans work.
- ICI Study of Recordkeeper Data Shows Commitment to Saving
Americans’ commitment to saving for retirement remains strong in the first half of 2013, according to ICI’s latest study, based on DC plan recordkeeper data covering about 24 million DC plan participant accounts.
- ICI Reports Monthly ETF Data for October
The nation’s exchange-traded funds had combined assets of $1.615 trillion in October, an increase of $72.72 billion, or 4.7 percent, from September. Over the past 12 months, ETF assets increased $345.70 billion, or 27.2 percent.
- New Research Shows U.S. Workers Rely on 401(k)s for Financial Security
The paper, “Our Strong Retirement System: An American Success Story,” illustrates the important role employer-sponsored retirement plans play in the U.S. retirement system.
- ICI’s Brian Reid Weighs In on Office of Financial Research Report
Chief Economist Brian Reid discusses the OFR’s study on the asset management industry on Nightly Business Report.
- 401(k) Resource Center
This resource center provides FAQs, updates, research, and perspective on 401(k) plans and their participants.