- ICI Comments on FSB’s Proposed Methodology for Identifying G-SIFIs
The designation of regulated funds as “global systemically important financial institutions” is unnecessary and inappropriate, with adverse consequences for fund investors.
- ICI Announces Fund Reclassification for Open-End Mutual Funds
The modernized investment objective classifications better reflect the industry’s current market practices.
- ICI Reports Weekly Money Market Fund Assets
Total money market fund assets decreased by $17.70 billion to $2.61 trillion for the week ended Wednesday, April 9.
- Retirement Assets Total $23.0 Trillion
U.S. retirement assets accounted for 34 percent of all household financial assets at year-end 2013. Assets were up 5.0 percent from $21.9 trillion on September 30, 2013.
- ICI Hosts Retirement Summit to Examine Retirement Adequacy
A wide array of experts and academics representing a variety of points of view met to share their research about Americans’ retirement preparedness.
- Why Asset Management Is Not a Source of Systemic Risk
ICI President and CEO Paul Schott Stevens explains why mutual funds are not a source of risk, nor are they likely to be.
- ICI Comments on MSRB New Rule G-42 Proposal
ICI supports the adoption of the new rule to govern standards of conduct for non-solicitor municipal advisors, but also recommends several revisions to clarify the new standards.
- ICI Endorses Move to Shorten Settlement Cycles
The initiative led by The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation would reduce systemic, liquidity, and operational risks and benefit investors.