- Fresh Concerns Around Proposals to Tax Funds and Their Investors
This week’s Focus on Funds features the latest on financial transaction tax proposals, in both the European Union and the United States.
- Retirement Assets Total $24.7 Trillion in Fourth Quarter 2014
Total U.S. retirement assets increased 1.7 percent from September 30, 2014, and 6.0 percent from year-end 2013 to reach $24.7 trillion at year-end 2014.
- ICI Reports Estimated Long-Term Mutual Fund Flows
Total estimated inflows to long-term mutual funds were $3.31 billion for the week ended Wednesday, March 18.
- ICI Responds to the FSB’s Latest Consultation on Asset Managers and Systemic Risk
The FSB appears to have discounted key aspects of the extensive record placed before it in response to its first consultation.
- Designation’s Vast Reach into Investor Portfolios
What would prudential oversight mean for fund investors if asset managers are designated as systemically important financial institutions?
- The Modern Fund Industry at 75
ICI General Counsel David Blass reflects on 75 years of industry/regulator collaboration and three trends that will shape the industry in the years, if not decades, to come.
- Once Again, It’s Information That Moves the Markets
Last Wednesday at 2:00 p.m., Treasury yields fell sharply and the stock market jumped. What if things had gone the other way? ICI Viewpoints takes a look.
- Does Liquidity in ETFs Depend Solely on Authorized Participants?
A member survey on authorized participants of ETFs found that there are many APs ready to keep the ETF primary market functioning smoothly and there are a host of other entities that provide liquidity in ETF shares.